|Scrabble Association, Singapore|
Mailing address: 10 Anson Road, #16-16 International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Web master: webmaster at toucanet.com
WSC 2011 qualification Criteria
The following are the criteria which will be used to select the
Singapore players for the 2011 World Scrabble Championship. Barring
any amendments announced beforehand, these criteria will take effect
from 1 July 2010, with the Committee's decision being final in cases
of dispute. The Organisers require that selections be on a basis of
qualifying tournaments or ratings, with a minimum of participants.
- In accordance with previous practice, one invitation will be
given to the winner of the 2010 National Scrabble Championship (NSC); and
- one invitation to the winner of the 2011 NSC, both
invitations subject to a minimum Qualification Rating (QR) of 1800
and all other applicable criteria.
- Additional players not already invited as National Champion
2010 or 2011 will be invited on the basis of highest QR defined in
the following way:
- The qualification period (QP) will run from the beginning of
the 2010 NSC to the end of the 2011 NSC.
The subperiods will be
- 1 July to 30 September 2010;
- 1 October 2010 to 31 December 2010;
- 1 January 2011 to 31 March 2011;
- 1 April 2011 to 31 July 2011.
- P1, P2, P3, P4 are the peak ratings achieved during
subperiods i, ii, iii and iv respectively.
- QR is a weighted average of peak ratings calculated thus:
(P1 + P2 + P3 + 2 x P4)/5
- Px = 0 if no rated games are played in subperiod x.
- Only paid-up SA members who are Singapore citizens and permanent
residents from commencement of QP until WSC 2011 are eligible.
- All selectees must have played at least 60 rated games during the
qualifying period. Games won by reason of opponent's absence
(winning byes) count towards the 60 rated games. Losing byes do not.
- Players who have previously elected to represent another country when
eligible to be selected for Singapore, are ineligible.
- Selectees must signify acceptance of selection by 31 August 2011,
failing which the place will be offered to the player with the next
highest QR who meets eligibility
Return to Scrabble Association home page
© 2019 Scrabble Association
Last updated: 16 Jan 2010