|Scrabble Association, Singapore|
Mailing address: 10 Anson Road, #16-16 International Plaza, Singapore 079903
Web master: webmaster at toucanet.com
23rd Brand's Thailand International Crossword Game King's Cup 2008
All queries to be directed to Nuttakrit at the address below.
From: "Info" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Invitation to Thailand's 23rd Brand's Crossword Game King's Cup 2008
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:33:43 +0700
We are pleased to invite you to participate in one of the world's most exciting and challenging event of the year, the 23nd BRAND'S Thailand International Crossword Game King's Cup 2008 , which will be held from June 26th - 27th, 2008 at Siam Discovery Center, Bangkok, and from June 28th ? 29th at Royal Paragon Hall, Siam Paragon Shopping Complex, with the winner's prize of USD 6,000.
We wish to see you in this wonderful 23th year of Crossword Game in Thailand and be a part of our greatest history together. This spectacular event will bring you to the world of real sport competition with an exciting and challenging atmosphere. Let's join us! We are planning to set up this event to be the most memorable and enjoyable tournament ever.
Please find details of the tournament below. Should there be any queries or further information needed, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would greatly appreciate the presence of you and your friends at our event.
23rd BRAND'S THAILAND INTERNATIONAL CROSSWORD GAME KING'S CUP 2008
June 26th ? 29th, 2008
June 26th ? 27th at 1st floor, Siam Discovery Center Complex,
& June 28th ? 29th at 5th floor, Royal Paragon Hall, Siam Paragon Shopping Complex
(Both venues are adjacent to each other)
Open Division, open to all without restrictions
- Champion: HM King's Cup + USD 6,000 + Gift Set
- 2nd place-getter : 75,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 3rd place-getter : 40,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 4th place-getter : 20,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 5th place-getter : 10,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 6th place-getter : 7,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 7th place-getter : 5,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 8th place-getter : 4,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 9th place-getter : 3,000 Baht + Gift Set
- 10th place-getter : 2,000 Baht + Gift Set
Each player (except the winner and the 2nd place-getter) will receive 50 Baht for every winning game on June 26-27 and receive 100 Baht for every winning game on June 28-29.
***This means that everyone has a chance to win prize money.***
Super Bonus Prize
If a player wins every game he played on any particular day, he will receive five times the Bonus Prize he would normally receive on that day instead of the normal Bonus Prize.
New!!! 'Handicap Result Prize'
Each player will be given special game points based upon their ratings. Players with the higher rating will get less special game points than those who are rated lower. The player who finishes 27 rounds and has his final game points plus special game points the most will get the 'Handicap Result Winner Prize' ? Trophy and 10,000 Baht cash, the 1st runner-up in this system will get 'Handicap Result 1st Runner-up Prize' of 5,000 Baht, the 2nd runner-up in this system will get 'Handicap Result 2nd Runner-up Prize' of 2,500 Baht This means that everyone has the chance to win these prizes equally
::::::: NOTE :::::::
- The Winner, the 1st Runner-up and the 2nd Runner-up of the regular tournament system are not legible for Handicap Result Prize.
- The prizes will be awarded at the end of the tournament.
- Everyone who receives the total prize money of over 1,000 Baht during the tournament is subject to paying a 5% withholding tax.
List of all 2 & 3-letter words and their inflected forms provided for each player to look at during the game. Single Challenge applied.
In each game, a player is allowed to win/lose not more than a maximum point spread of +/- 350. If there is any player win/lose more than maximum point spread of +/- 350, (s)he should record in Master score card and tally sheet with only +/- 350 point spread.
- 27 games in total.
- Game 1-24 will base on Swiss pairing system.
- Game 25-27 will base on King-of-the-Hill pairing system. Then after game 27, the top two players play the final.
- The two finalists go to final with special rule: They have to play two games. If one of them wins both games, then that player will be the winner. But if they tie with a win and a loss, the third game will be played. The winner, in this case, is the one who scores the most when combining scores from three games.
Remark: The Gibson's rule will be applied, in case, there is a player who has won enough games to guarantee 1st place or a seat in the finals, no matter how many games s/he loses thereafter.
==Siam@Siam Boutique Hotel (4.5 stars hotel) offers the rate of 3,350++ Baht/
night for a single room and 3,550++ Baht / night for a twin or double room.
==Asia Hotel (3 stars, 10 minute walking) offers the rate of 2,100 Baht net /
night for a single room and 2,300 Baht net / night for a twin or double room.
For Application and Inquiry, contact
Mr.Nuttakrit by Email: email@example.com or Telephone (662) 6819971-3 or Fax (662) 6819974
How to apply
About the Venue
- Siam Discovery Center Complex:
Some words from whom who'd experienced the event.
"I can?t believe that after
waiting for a year for this tournament, it has now been and gone already. It
seems I just arrive in
"...Just a quick thankyou for a wonderful tournament (my best yet!) We will be back - and hope to encourage even more Australians, plus young players from all over the world. The Thai people are so very nice (and good Crossword game players!)...", Karen Richards, Australia
"?Just to say thank you for the wonderful way it was organised. It was unforgettable esp the opening ceremony with the Princess presence and the beautiful cultural dances and costumes?.", Ruby Sim, Singapore
"?It is always a pleasure to attend your tournament which I consider to be the best tourney in the world?." Sanmi Odelana, Nigeria & UK
Return to Scrabble Association home page
© 2019 Scrabble Association
Last updated: 12 Jan 2008